Home In the Eye of the Storm

The mist along the ocean shore at twilight blurred the outline of the strange island. Bedraggled, battered and woefully tired, my taut muscles achingly conjured the last ounce of strength, dragging my freezing body out of the icy water, all nerves sending electric impulses like lightning bolts shooting all over my body. Religion ridiculed me, knowledge mocked me, governments despised me, perfectionists made fun of me, family disowned me and friends betrayed me, but upon the rock, I found a place to rest. On it I felt strangely safe even though darkness encompassed me and even though the black sky threatened to suffocate me. I vowed to myself never to touch the vast outstretched murky water that lay before me ever again. There I sat on the rock with no soul in sight but the sound of the beating waves against the shore, the slow moaning of the sleeping wind and the darkness of twilight that whispered promises of eventual sunlight. I never felt of such peace before, such security and safety. Upon that rock in no-man's land, I found the home I was in search for for so long. -Renee Nuina Manus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Promise to You

I Cry

Papa Em I Sanap Strong