My Promise to You

A hand reaches out at arms length to dry

The tears that always seem to be in her eye

We all have problems, please do not be shy

There is always a shoulder to lean on when you cry

At times when you are on the ground and the sky seems so high

You can barely walk and it seems impossible to fly

Questions cloud your mind, you wonder why

Why the sun comes out no more

Why your heart is all sore

Why you cannot find the door

And the cloud is black as the thunder roars

Why demons suck off your joy and come back for more

Why you do not have a clear sight of the shore

Why it's just not the same anymore

He stretches out His arms, this is the shame I bore

They spit on me like the trash on the floor

Because I was against all that they stood for

They cursed me, they despised me, they swore

I am the Lion of Judah, but I did not roar

Until the ground shook and the curtain tore

Not loud like a lion but a hundred times more

My death gave you wings so that you can soar

A torn curtain, that is your open door

You don't need a boat, we will walk on waters till we reach the shore

This is the covenant to you by My Blood

So when the enemy comes in like a flood

With all his filthy garbage and mud

Within the covenant, that's where you will trod

You will follow the narrow and not the broad

I will walk beside you, I will lighten your load

The demons that taunt you will flee down the road

This is my Promise to you

-RNM


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you 😊. Appreciate the feedback and wishing you a pleasant day. 💞

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Cry

Papa Em I Sanap Strong